Client Relationships / Communication Skills
Communication skills for professional practice – 40hrs
The following programs meet TFH Communication Skills standards.
Prior Learning is accepted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Establishing Client Relationships – 50 hours – Correspondence Course
This unit describes the skills required by practitioners to establish and maintain:
- effective communication with clients throughout all interactions.
- basic counselling as required and as appropriate to facilitate health services being provided.
- This version is contextualised for kinesiologists.
- The unit co-ordinator, TFH Faculty, Catherine North, is available if you need support or guidance. You will be required to complete assignments and submit them for assessment to a TFH Assessor. Purchase from this TFH Website Store.
Colour for Life – complete 50 hours of training – Levels 1,2,3 available ( Workbooks count as hours)
Learn how to use colour as a counselling tool and powerful remedy. Each colour relates to different emotions, to different aspects of the physical body, and to our deeper spiritual purpose in life.
Selected colour combinations are interpreted to reveal underlying issues in one’s life, and the answers or response from deep inner knowing.
An Academy of Healing Arts program, See www.aha.org.nz/colour-therapy
Transforming Communication – 28 hours
This is a combination of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Effectiveness Communication approaches.
It was developed by Dr Richard Bolstad of Transformations NLP and covers 28 hours of training.
This training has formed part of degree programs for nursing and social work.
Taught at Wellington School of Massage Therapy,
Educational Kinesiology – Consultant and Brain Gym Instructor Practicum
50 hours TFH communication skills credited
Those who have completed the Educational Kinesiology modules up to Practicum automatically are credited with 50 hours communication Skills towards TFH Consultant and Registered TFH Kinesiology Practitioner. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
On completion of this unit you will be able to:
- demonstrate effective communication strategies using various modes
of communication appropriate to your practice
- respond appropriately to a range of clients in a range of situations
- handle difficult situations
- use basic counselling skills to facilitate various goals,
Establish & Manage Client Relationships by Toni Lilley